Friday, January 16, 2009

Alls I have to say is burrrrrr

This morning, I was laying in bed... snuggled under 2 blankets and a sheet, plus a quilt... almost spooning my cat... and definitely NOT WANTING TO GET UP TO RUN!!!! I heard that alarm radio playing some dance beat and all I could think of was, "Am I really this crazy that I am even contemplating getting out of this warm cozy bed?" Whether it was fortunately or unfortunately for me, I got up and went to boot camp like a crazy person. Usually those around in the morning call me smart ass, or the shortened version of sah-sah. Come to think of it, more than just those in the moring call me that, must have some truth to it ;) Anyway, as we were running, I said, "Y'all, I am trading in my sah-sah for da... dumb ass." Running at the beach when it is 25 deg out with 11 mph winds and a wind chill of 13 deg is dumb for this southern girl. We are most definitely crazy. With that said, we did dress for the temps and were pretty warm with the exception of our eyes and finger tips. Furthermore, none of us are running tomorrow morning when the actual temp is around 14 and the wind chill is 4. Single digits. Now that's crazy for Myrtle Beach. Hello. That's why I stayed in the south and live at the beach. Bring me back my 60 deg mornings and 75 deg afternoons. No warmer, no colder. Just 75. Such a small request. So we did tons of lunges and squats and pushups, ran ~2 miles total, and avoided frost bite and other cold weather hazzards. I just wish it would snow if it is going to be this cold. I guess that's for another day. So, for all of you other people that may or may not be reading this and are thinking of what I wimp I am for being cold in the 25 degrees, I say yes. I am a wimp, but I did get out of bed at 4:30 in the morning to run.

One last bit of info that I must pass along is that at this current moment, Clemson is #1 in the ACC and Duke is right behind with Wake. Hmmmm... where is that all powerful, can't be defeated, all-hailed UNC team that features Tyra H as their center???? Oh, it's not Tyra, it's Tyler. My mistake. He just reminds me so much a prissy girl with pink cargyle socks and a look on his face that says, "Oops, I did it again."

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work, Kelly. It really will pay off for you. And... you are now a wimp!!! Your mom is!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant that you are NOT a wimp!! Sorry about the typo!! Mom

    ReplyDelete