Friday, January 30, 2009

Stir it Up

Since we did that 15K last weekend, my achilles has been really hurting, but I've been mildly behaved and taken some rest days. I say mildly because although I didn't run but twice this week, I ate really bad for two days as well. Oh well, shit happens. So, I took Sunday and Monday off to rest my ankle, then Tuesday Mel and I ran/walked 4 miles on Ocean Blvd. Then I took Wed and Thursday off to rest my ankle again (along with lots of ice and biofreeze). Today, we ran about 4 miles total at Broadway at boot camp. Seemed kinda wierd to not go Mon and Wed, but I was really tired and hurting. Hopefully next week will be an improvement in both areas.

Tonight, Heather and Chris are coming up to go to the Wailers concert at House of Blues. Should be an interesting night :) Tomorrow, I'm heading up to Durham to see Carrie, Andrea, and my Nana. Gotta get in some good times too.

So, only two weeks left till the Myrtle Beach half marathon. Say some prayers that my achilles starts to cooperate and that I'm able to do it all. I'm not trying to be superwoman, but runner-up would be nice. Feel free to come to the beach on Valentine's day (also known as St. Hallmark's Day) to cheer me on for the run. The more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment